Saturday, March 19, 2011

Projects!

I have been on this crafting spree. I have a lot of items I want to create or craft. So I am doing them. Here are two that I have finished. I am in love with them both. I can kinda get to involed and let my self down, but I took my time. This first one I found on this website Freshly Picked. It is how to make a chandelier out of wax paper. The project cost me around $10. It looks great in the kid's room. I forgot to take a before picture, but the picture of the before light on the website is the same as the kid's light.
Mckenly loves it as well. Which is a good thing. It's not coming down. :)
My other project is one step from being done. I have a pair of old white shoes. I don't even remember where I bought them. I didn't want to throw them away. I was in blogland yesterday and I saw a post that someone painted their shoes. That is when I started googling Shoe Redo. I can to this. I found this great website Grosgrain and bam a redo for a flat. Just what I was looking for. I was givein a bag of fabric from a YW Leader for a YW project. In the pile of fabric was a yellow/white/brown printed fabric. I knew I wanted to save it for something fun. Lisa one of my friends wore yellow shoes to church last week. Since then I wanted yellow shoes. So the cute fabric became my new shoe. I did remember to take a before picture. This is sad, the shoe just needed to be in the trash.
I love flats as much as heels. I wore this out. So I started with taking off the ribbon and bow that went around the shoe. then I followed these steps here till I got this.

I still need to glue in the white fabric for the sole. I am also going to buy a ribbon to go around the top. The Mod Podge is kinda rough, but all in all I love my yellow shoes! More projects are to come

3 comments:

  1. Geez! How talented are you!? They both look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh but I'm not! :) you just can't see the flaws in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! Creating is fun! :) Good for you!! Some of my most favorite things are thing people made for me! There is just something about things made by hand! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete